Features of the Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: 45 minutes 🙂
- Taste Impression: Like a spinach omelet (a good one!)
Here is the next in the series of on-the-go Breakfasts. This one has to be one of my favorites. I just love the spinach and feta cheese combo and the hint of oregano. Oh, so tasty!!
In other news, it has been a crazy week here at our house, the refrigerator went and it’s now sitting in our kitchen like a big empty coffin. Luckily we have a small back up fridge that now has become part of the living room ambiance.
The next day as I was using the kitchen sink it fell apart like a collapsing skeleton. Some how a stabilizing ring that holds the whole thing together decided to give way…what a mess. On the other hand, I didn’t have to do dishes for a few days (life always seems to be a give and take). With fingers crossed here’s hoping nothing else in the kitchen fails or dies 😉
Thank you for listening, time to move on and make this recipe.
Supply Used in the: Breakfast Casserole:
Preheat the oven to 350°
Grease an 8.1″ Square pan (2 quarts) with butter
In a small sauce pan bring the water to a boil, then add the frozen chopped spinach.
Cover it and turn down the heat — cook for 5 minutes. Drain well then add the salt and oregano. Set aside
Warm a frying pan on a medium flame and add the butter. Once the butter is melted add the chopped onions
Let cook for 7 minutes or until golden in color.
Beat the eggs with a wire whisk, then add the flour, salt and mix well.
Next slowly mix in the milk.
Add the spinach, onions, and crumbled feta cheese and mix until well combined.
Bake for 45 minutes or until edges are brown and the Breakfast Casserole is firm in the middle.
Breakfast Casserole Recipe.
Can be warmed in the microwave or toaster oven.
- 10oz bag of frozen chopped spinach
- ½ cup water ( for spinach)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Medium size onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Grease an 8.1" Square pan (2 quarts) with butter
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water to a boil
- add the frozen chopped spinach
- Cover and turn down the heat -- cook for 5 minutes
- Drain well then add the salt and oregano, set aside
- In a warm frying pan (cook on medium heat) melt the butter
- Once the butter is melted add the chopped onions
- Let cook for 7 minutes or until golden in color
- Beat the eggs with a wire whisk
- Add the flour, salt and mix well
- Slowly, mix in the milk
- Add the spinach, onions, and crumbled feta cheese
- Mix until well combined
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges are brown
- Breakfast Casserole should be firm in the middle.
- ------Cooks Note------
- Make this the night before, so simple to warm in the morning either in the microwave or toaster oven.
- It also freezes well too.