Features of the Breakfast Casserole
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: 45 minutes 🙂
- Taste Impression: The baby Swiss Cheese adds so much flavor!
For the next three weeks, on the blog, I will be showcasing breakfast that you can make in advance. Easy recipes that can be made the night before and are simply to heat-up the next morning. They provide a healthy alternative for those busy mornings. Here at our household, we have a very early morning 4-am, so having a meal to warm up fast is a must and it has to taste good too 😉
Supply Used in the: Breakfast Casserole:
- Baby Swiss Cheese
- Dijon mustard
Pre-Heat oven to 350°
Grease the baking dish 8.1″ Square (2 quarts)” with butter, I will use a folded paper towel to help evenly coat the baking pan with grease.
Bring the saute pan to medium heat, place the butter in the pan and melt. Add the chopped onions and mushrooms to the warm pan. Sprinkle with salt. The mushrooms and onions should take 12 to 15 minutes to cook. This is a good time to work on the eggs mixer while the veggies cook.
Mix the eggs, then add the flour. I add the flour now so the batter doesn’t get lumpy.
Once the eggs and flour are well combined, slowly add the milk, then add the Dijon mustard and salt
Blend in the Baby Swiss cheese and mushrooms
Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden and bubbly!
I hope you enjoy the Breakfast Casserole!
Be sure to come back for more On-the-go breakfast recipe or Subscribe to my email list, so you don’t miss a new recipe. For another easy Breakfast Casserole click Here
- ----For the Mushroom and Onion----
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 8oz box of Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Medium sized Onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ----Egg Mixer----
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ teaspoon Each Dijon mustard and Salt
- 2 cups Baby Swiss Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Butter ( for baking dish)
- Pre Heat oven 350°
- Grease pan with butter 8.1" Square (2 quarts)"
- Heat the saute pan to medium heat
- Place the butter in the pan and melt.
- Add the chopped onions and mushrooms
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- This is a good time to work on the egg mixture while the veggies cook.
- Mix the eggs, then add the flour.
- Mix well
- Slowly add the milk
- Add the Dijon mustard and salt
- Mix until well combined
- Blend in the Baby Swiss cheese and mushrooms
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or lightly golden and bubbly!