Features of the Breakfast Casserole Sausage, Potatoes and Cheese
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Baking time: 40 Minutes
- Nutritional Value: Protein Packed (eggs, turkey sausage, and cheese.)
- Taste Impression: Full Flavor
- “Noelle’s Tasty Tips” How get the Potatoes crispy.
Supply Used For The Breakfast Casserole
Pre-Heat oven to 350°
Grease Baking pan 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 with butter. I like to use a little piece of paper towel to spread the butter.
For this post, I have One Tasty Tip
What does the tip do?
- If you don’t rinse grated Potatoes they will come out gooey and slimy.
- Rinsing ensures they’re crispy and well cooked.
Cook the turkey sausages in oil. Brown and remove them from the pan. Chop them into bite size pieces.
Beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Add the Flour and Salt.
Place the dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter (for greasing the pan.)
- For Potatoes, Sausage, and cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Medium size Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Butter ( Dot potatoes with butter.)
- Salt and Peper to taste
- 1 7oz box of Turkey Sausages ( I used 5 sausages.)
- 2¼ Cups grated Sharp Cheese
- For Egg mixer
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- Pre-heat oven 350°
- Grease pan with butter
- Grade potatoes rinses well in cold water
- Place grated potatoes in a warm medium size saute pan with olive oil
- Dot with 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook Potatoes until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper
- Cook turkey sausages until golden brown. Chop into bite size pieces
- Add the potatoes, turkey sausages, and cheese to grease pan
- Beat eggs with a wire whisk. Add the Flour and Salt. Mix well
- Add milk. Blend for a few seconds more
- Pour the egg mixer over the potatoes, turkey sausage, and cheese
- Add the batter. Shake the pan to evenly distribute the mixture