Features of the Chickpeas Tacos
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: Under 30 Minutes
- Taste Impression: With the addition of the feta cheese these tacos hit all the flavor marks!
Here’s a tasty way to eat vegetarian and still get enough protein to nourish your body and mind. I present my veggie tacos! These Vegetarian tacos are light and very fresh tasting. They are truly Yummy and delicious!! A nice alternative to fish or meat. This meal can be made quickly and is very light on the budget.
Supply Used in the: Shrimp Tacos
- Fresh Garlic
- Can Chickpeas
- Chili Powder
- Olive oil
- Feta Cheese
- Pico de gallo Salsa
- Corn Tortillas
For the Marinade,
In a small bowl combine the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and mix well with a fork. Add the fresh chopped garlic and salt. Pour over the Chickpeas let sit for 2 minutes.
While the chickpeas marinate, preheat a large fry pan on a medium heat. No need for more oil the marinade has enough in it. Add the chickpeas to the hot pan.
Cook the chickpeas, stirring frequently until the color is golden. This will usually take 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Place a few corn tortillas in the same skillet. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and cook for a minute or so on each side.
Warm about 7 tortillas (this recipe yields about 7 to 8 regular sized tacos).
Fold your tortilla over and place a scoop of the Flavor infused Easy Mexican Rice Recipe.
- ----For Chickpeas Marinade----
- 1 15.5oz can Chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon Chili Power
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- ---Taco's Filling----
- 1 dozen Corn Tortillas
- 8 oz of Feta Cheese
- Homemade Pico de Gallo Salsa or 1 8oz store bought fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 4 ripe Avocados
- ----For the Marinade----
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, Chopped garlic, and salt. Mix well with a fork. In a separate bowl pour your marinade over the chickpeas and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Warm a large fry pan on a medium heat.
- Add the chickpeas to the hot pan.
- Cook the chickpeas, stirring frequently. This will usually take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
- Place a few corn tortillas in the skillet, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook for a minute or so on each side.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon chickpeas adding a Tablespoon of both the feta cheese and pico de gallo.
- Place sliced avocado on the other half
- Fold and Enjoy!