Features of the Breakfast Potatoes
- Cooking Skill level: Intermediate (this recipe has a few more step, but are well worth it.)
- Cooking time: 15 to 25 minutes
- Taste Impression: Tasty like a cafe style potatoes. Tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Keeping with the breakfast theme, I bring to you my Breakfast potatoes recipe. The potatoes have a few step to making them but, it is worth the time! I usually make these the night before. They are easy to warm up in a pan. Great for family get together or brunch, it makes a big batch.
Supply Used in the: Breakfast Potatoes
- Red potatoes
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper
Bring a stock pot with some water to a boil. Being very careful not to get burned, add the potatoes to the boiling water.
Let them cook for 10 minutes.
Let the potatoes cool for 5 minutes or until you are able to handle the potatoes. Cut into quarters. Place in a large bowl.
Add the salt, paprika, and half of the olive oil (1 1/2 Tablespoons.); mix well. This is a tip I learned from my grandmother, she made the best breakfast potatoes!
Add the other half of the olive oil (1 1/2 teaspoons) to a large fry pan. Warm the oil on a medium heat.
Place the potato mixture in the pan with the oil. Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes
Time to add the bell peppers and onions. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes more. Dot the butter on the top of the breakfast potatoes and cook for a few more minutes. The potatoes should be tender and golden brown.
These potatoes go great with my breakfast casserole recipes listed below:
- 1½ pounds Baby Red potatoes
- Water (for boiling the potatoes.)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Bell pepper
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Bring a stock pot with the water to boil
- Being very careful not to get burned add the potatoes to the hot water
- Let them cook for 10 minutes
- Let them cool for 5 minutes or until you are able to handle the potatoes
- Cut into quarters and place in large bowl
- Add the salt paprika and half of the olive oil ( 1½ Tablespoons.); mix well
- Add the other half of the olive oil (1½ Tablespoon) to a large fry pan
- Warm the oil on a medium heat
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes
- Add the bell peppers and onions
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes more
- Dot the butter on the top of the breakfast potatoes and cook for a few more minutes
- The potatoes should be tender and golden brown