This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here
Features of the Easy Mexican Rice
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: 18 minutes
- “Noelle’s Tasty Tips” How to get every grain of rice infused with flavor.
- Taste Impression: Taste like restaurant style rice!!
This rice takes about 30 minutes to make and you end up with a perfect vegetarian side dish. I also use this rice is in my burritos or for a quick dinner. I will add it to a bowl with beans, cheese, and top with avocado.
Supply Used in the: Easy Mexican Rice
- Med Size Saucepan
- Chili powder & cumin
- Not-Chick’n Bouillon Cubes
- Mild salsa
Here is a close-up the of no-meat Bouillon Cubes. I really like this brand it has a nice chicken flavor to it. I use it in so many different dishes: egg-fried rice, soups, vegetable stir-fry and more.
For this post, I have One Tasty Tip
What does the tip do? Such a simple tip but it adds so much flavor to the rice. The results will make your rice taste like a restaurant style side-dish!
- In the saucepan, melt butter
- Add jasmine rice, keep stirring the rice. Cook for 3 minutes (no water yet).
- Place in chili pepper and cumin and mix well
- Time for the crushed garlic. Cook for 1 more minute.
Mix in the mild salsa and salt
Add the water and bring the rice to a boil. Place the lid on the top of the pan and lower the heat to low. Cook for 18 minutes.
Enjoy your delicious Oh, so yummy Easy Mexican style rice.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- 2 Clove of crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cube Not-Chick'n Bouillon Cubes
- 1 cup salsa ( I used a mild one for my recipe.)
- 3 cup water
- Melt butter in saucepan
- add jasmin rice and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat (No water yet).
- Mix in the chili powder and cumin
- Place in the clove of crushed garlic
- season with the salt
- add the Not-Chick'n Bouillon Cube
- Bring to a boil
- Cover the pan. Cook on a low heat.
- Cook for 18 minutes