Features of the Fish Taco’s Recipe
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: 10 minutes or less 🙂
- Taste Impression: Oh, so Yummy!! Cheesy, tangy and that great fish taco taste.
This is the kind of recipe I love to make on a hot day. It is quick and easy plus because the oven isn’t on, I don’t end up getting cooked myself in a hot kitchen on a hot day :-). Choose your favorite fish or any other to put in this fish taco’s recipe.
Supply Used in the: Taco’s
- Dover Sole fish
- Chili powder
- Cumin powder
- Olive oil
—-Cream Fish taco sauce—–
- Corn Tortillas
- Olive oil
Shred the lettuce and grate the cheese
These are the supplies use for the fish
Season the fish with the chili powder, cumin, and salt
I coat the fish with flour, this helps to keep the fish moist during the cooking. Make sure to add flour to both sides. Set the fish aside and let marinate for a few minutes. We will move on to making the sauce.
Taco’s cream sauce
mix in the milk, cilantro, garlic, and salt
add a few squeezes of lime to the sauce. This sauce also works great for a salad.
Cook until golden on bottom, 2 to 3 minutes.
Carefully turn fish over and cook until opaque in center and golden on bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. ( the cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fish.) I add a dash of lime on the fish right before it is done.
Remove the fish, and add a little more oil to the pan and add the Corn Tortillas and cook for a few minutes on each side
Now, the fun part… assembly time.
Place about a Tablespoon of sauce on your cooked tortilla and then a little cheese. Next, the fish, lettuce and the chopped avocado. I add a little sprinkling of salt on the avocados, for additional flavor.
I love to severe the Fish Toco’s Recipe with seasoned rice. Here is my Recipe.
I start the rice cooking before I make the fish and they will both get done at about the same time. Not too hard to create this mouth watering dish pictured below.
- 1 Pound Dover sole
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (For cooking fish.)
- ----Taco's cream sauce----
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro
- 1½ Tablespoon Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 pack of Corn Tortillas
- ½ Tablespoon Olive oil (for cooking)
- ----Taco's toppings----
- 1 cup finely grated shape cheese
- ½ head shredded lettuce
- 2 ripe Avocado chopped
- Season the fish with chili powder, cumin, salt
- Flour both side of the fish
- Set fish aside to marinate
- ----For cream sauce----
- Mix mayonnaise, garlic, cilantro, milk and salt in a small bowl
- Blend until well combined.
- ----Cooking the fish----
- Add olive oil to a warm pan.
- Then place fish in pan
- Cook until golden on bottom, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn fish over and cook until opaque in center and golden on bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. ( the cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fish.)
- add a dash of lime on the fish right before it is done.
- Remove the fish, and add a little more oil to the pan
- Add the Corn Tortillas and cook for a few minutes on each side
- ----Assembly time----
- First place about Tablespoon of sauce on corn tortillas
- Then a little cheese,
- Next the fish, lettuce and the chopped avocado.
- I will add a little sprinkling of salt on the avocados, for additional flavor.