This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here
Features of the Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: 12 to 15 minutes
- “Noelle’s Tasty Tips” For better-tasting Brussel sprouts
- Taste Impression: Salty, garlic, and tender sprouts.
I must be one of the rare people that actually loves Brussels sprouts. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. OK, maybe breakfast is pushing it 😉 To me, they are a great side dishes. I always make them for Christmas dinner. The tip I include with this recipe, I have gained a few more fans of Brussel Sprouts too!! Come along and follow me with my step-by-step pictures tutorial.
Supply Used in the: Brussel Spouts Recipe
- Brussel Sprouts
- Olive oil
- Fresh garlic
- Feta cheese
- Very sharp knife. This one is my favorite paring Knife
For this post, I have One Tasty Tip
What does the tip do?
Helps remove the bitter taste of the Brussel sprouts making them more enjoyable and tender.
This is a simple tip, but it will make all the difference!!
- Slice the Brussel sprout in half
- Cut out the core ( this is the part that makes them taste bitter).
- That is all. It takes more time to do, but well worth it!!
Add water to a hot sauce pan. Bring water to a boil. Once water comes to a boil add Brussel sprouts
cook covered for 5 minutes
remove the lid and make sure all the water has evaporated from the pan. If there is still a little water cook for 1 more minute.
Drizzle on the olive oil. Cook for about 9 minutes
sprinkle with garlic and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes. I like to add feta cheese on the top for more salty flavor. That is it they are done. So easy to make!!! Tell me that dish you will be pairing them up with?
- 16 oz Bag of Brussel Sprouts
- 1 cup Water
- 2½ Tablespoon Olive old
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- ½ Salt
- ¼ cup Feta cheese
- Add water to a hot sauce pan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil add Brussel sprouts
- Cook covered for 5 minutes
- Drizzle on the olive oil. Cook for about 9 minutes
- Sprinkle with garlic and salt.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add feta cheese