Features of the Hearty Homemade Vegetable Soup
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Baking time: 20 Minutes
- Taste Impression: Hearty Comfort food!
This makes one big batch of Hearty Homemade Vegetable Soup. It’s so thick and chunky you might need a fork to eat it. The soup is, of course, loaded with veggies but has the additional benefit of garbanzo beans for your protein needs. This vegetarian soup is not hard to make as long as you don’t mind chopping some veggies.
This is my go to recipe for Sunday night if I’m not sure what to make. It doesn’t take too long to cook and I always have a bunch left over in the refrigerator afterward for the week ahead. My husband David is a good eater and enjoys filling up on this recipe especially if he is not going to be able to eat until right before bed. We love to sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and drop some cubes of cheddar in to make a creamy vegetable dish. You can also add some shredded chicken for extra protein.
Now, here is the step by step guide on how to make this Hearty Homemade Vegetable Soup!
Chop the zucchini, celery, carrots, onions, and potatoes
Add 2 teaspoons of butter to a stock pot. Once the butter is melted, add the vegetables.
Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables or slight brown
Add water and vegetable broth. Once the soup is boiling, turn down the heat cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add some cheese cubes and serve with your favorite crackers. You just made another great meal people are sure to enjoy!
- 2 Teasnopps Butter
- 4 cups Zucchini chop
- 4 Celery Stocks chop
- 1 medium Onions chop
- 2 medium Carrots chop
- 3 medium Potatoes chop
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 32oz Vegetable broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1 25 oz Marinara Sauce
- Cheese Cubes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Using a large stock pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Chop Zucchini, Celery, Onion, Carrots, and Potatoes into bite size pieces
- Once Butter has melted add chopped vegetables and garbanzo beans to stock pot
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Cook until lightly brown
- Add water and vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt
- Optional items once the soup has been served