Features of the Pumpkin Dessert Bar Recipe
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Taste Impression: Pumpkin spice goodness!
These buttery flaky tender bars not only taste delicious but are simple to make. They are filling due to the protein from the oats and pecans. I like to bake these the night before so they are ready for breakfast in the morning. They make for a nice sweet seasonal treat.
The Pumpkin bar can be served cold or at room temperature and freezes well too!
Supplies Used In The Pumpkin Bars
- Baking Power
- Brown Sugar
- Rolled old fashion Oats
- Pinch of Salt
- Organic Canned Pumpkin
- 9x12x2 inch Baking Pan
Pre-heat Oven to 350°
Mix the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, rolled oats and chopped pecans.
Blend well. Add the butter. With two butter knives cut the butter until it resembles coarse crumbles.
Time to mix the pumpkin filling! This is the best part of making these. The aroma of all the spices being mixed together fills my nose with Yummy Joy!
In a small bowl add the sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon into the pumpkin.
Bake in a 350° oven for 35 minutes. Cool and cut into bar.
Enjoy your Pumpkin Bars Made with Love
- 1½ Cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1½ Old Fashion Oats
- ½ Cup Pecans
- ¾ Cup Butter
- ----Pumpkin Filling-----
- 1¼ Cup Can Organic Pumpkin
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ⅙ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, rolled oats and chopped pecans
- Blend well.
- Add the butter. With two butter knives cut the butter until it resembles coarse crumbles
- In a small bowl add the sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon into the pumpkin
- Pat down ⅔ of oatmeal mixture in a 9x12x2-inch baking pan
- Spread pumpkin mixture evenly over the top. Cover with the remaining crumb mixture
- Bake in a 350° oven for 35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars