Features of the Shrimp Tacos
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: Under 30 Minutes
- Taste Impression: Want to take your mouth to Cabo?
I don’t know about you but, I love tacos. These sure do hit all the marks for flavor. This mouthwatering recipe is a spin on the classic shrimp taco. It combines the power of feta cheese, avocado, and fresh salsa to keep you and your guests asking for more. My favorite part, however, is they are ready in less than 30min. It’s a winner all around! But, If you don’t care for shrimp for some reason try my vegetarian version, the…
Supply Used in the: Shrimp Tacos
- Fresh Garlic
- Chili Powder
- Olive oil
- Feta Cheese
- Pico de gallo Salsa
- Corn Tortillas
Clean, peel and devein the shrimp.
For the Marinade,
In a small bowl combine the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and mix well with a fork. Add the fresh chopped garlic and salt. Pour over the shrimp let sit for 2 minutes.
While the shrimp marinates, preheat a large fry pan on a medium heat. No need for more oil the marinade has enough in it. Add the shrimp to the hot pan.
Cook the shrimp, stirring frequently until the color is pink and opaque (you see no more gray parts). This will usually take 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Place a few corn tortillas in the same skillet. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and cook for a few minutes on each side.
Warm about 7 tortillas (this recipe yields about 7 to 8 regular sized tacos).
Assembling the Shrimp tacos: Place about 3 to 4 shrimp per taco, adding one Tablespoon of both the feta cheese and pico de gallo. Place the sliced avocado on the other half the tortilla as pictured below.
Fold your tortilla over and place a scoop of the Flavor infused Easy Mexican Rice Recipe.
Dinner is done, time to dig in.
- ----For Shrimp Marinade----
- 1 Pound Colossal Shrimp
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- ----Taco's Filling----
- 1 dozen Corn Tortillas
- 8 oz of Feta Cheese
- Homemade Pico de Gallo Salsa or 1 8oz store bought fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 4 ripe Avocados
- Clean, peel and devein the shrimp.
- ----For the Marinade----
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, Chopped garlic, and salt. Mix well with a fork. In a separate bowl pour your marinade over the shrimp and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Warm a large fry pan on a medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to the hot pan.
- Cook the shrimp, stirring frequently or until the color is pink and opaque, (you see no more gray) This will usually take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
- Place a few corn tortillas in the skillet, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Place about 3 to 4 shrimp per taco, adding a Tablespoon of both the feta cheese and pico de gallo.
- Place sliced avocado on the other half
- Fold and Enjoy!