Features of the Twice Baked Potatoes
- Cooking Skill level: Easy (They take some time to make but, well worth it!)
- Cooking time: 55 minutes
- Taste Impression: Hardy, warming, and creamy way to have a potato
Since our weather has cool down just a bit I don’t mind having the oven on. I have been thinking quite a lot about comfort foods. This is definitely one of my favorites. My Mom would make this dish for both sides of the family during get-togethers and they always got eaten.
The Twice Baked Potatoes are great to make ahead of time during the holiday season. They Keep well in the refrigerator for days and are simple to heat. For even longer storage you can freeze them. If keep sealed they still taste incredibly fresh.
Supplies Used in the: Blue Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sour Cream
- Blue Cheese
- Shape Cheese
Pre-Heat the oven to 350°
Potatoes prep: Wash and dry the potatoes. Rub the potatoes skins with olive oil.
Season the potatoes skin well with Salt. Making sure to get both sides.
With a fork poke the potatoes a few times.,
Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet and Cook for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
Let the potatoes cool for about 15 minutes. Once cooled cut in half and with a spoon scrape out most of the potato but still leaving about 1/4 potato meat with the peel.
Add the milk and then combine with a hand mixer.
Next the sour cream and salt
Mix for about 5 minutes. If the potato mixture still a little lumpy keep mixing.
Add the blue cheese and sharp cheese and mix for 2 minutes.
This next step is not necessary. I used a zip-lock bag and fill it potato mixture and cut off the tip of the bag and piped into the potato skins. If you skip this step, just use a spoon to place the potato filling in the potato skins.
Sprinkle the tops with cheese and Bake in the oven for 20 more minutes.
I don’t know about you but my mouth is watering… Enjoy!
- 5 very Large Russet Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Salt ( extra for sprinkling on potato skins. About ½ teaspoon.)
- ½ Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Blue Cheese
- 1½ Cup Milk
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350°
- Potatoes prep: Wash and dry the potatoes. Rub the potatoes skins with olive oil
- Season the potatoes skin well with Salt making sure to get both sides
- With a fork poke the potatoes a few times
- Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet and cook for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender
- Let the potatoes cool for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled cut in half and with a spoon scrape out most of the potato but still leaving about ¼ potato meat with the peel
- Add the milk and then mix with a hand mixer
- Sprinkle the tops with cheese and Bake in the oven for 20 more minutes