Features of the Vegetable Chicken Fajitas
- Cooking Skill level: Easy
- Cooking time: 12 to 15 minutes
- Taste Impression: Cheesy full of flavor vegetable, tender moist chicken.
- “Noelle’s Tasty Tips” with the addition of the secret ingredient for the chicken. Make it taste super yummy!!
Supply Used in the: Chicken Fajitas
- Red onion
- Dried oregano
- Parmesan Cheese
- Boneless chicken breast
- Spike seasoning
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Burrito size tortillas
- 12-inch Saute pan
add chopped vegetables (except for the mushrooms) to a large saute pan with olive oil. Season with salt about 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Once vegetables are brown, move them to one side of the pan and add the mushrooms
Cook the mushrooms for about 2 minutes. No need to add more oil. the Mushroom will cook in their owe liquid.
Sprinkle with the finely grated Parmesan cheese. Let cook for about 4 more minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan.
Add more olive oil to the pan on medium heat. Let the oil get warm then add the Chicken.
Brown the chicken on one side and then turn. Add the garlic and seasoning turn one more time and add more garlic and spices.
For this post, I have One Tasty Tip
- Right before the chicken is done cooking, add Honey!
- Just drizzle it on one side of the chicken
- Let cook for a few minutes.
What does the tip do?
It adds incredible flavor and color with just the hint of sweetness.
When the chicken is done let cool slightly then chop into large slices
Time to assemble your Yummy masterpiece. First, the flour tortillas. I use the larger burrito size tortillas because my husband eats a lot and it’s less work for me to make four large fajita rather than eight smaller ones. Next, comes the cheese!! If you’re making a smaller fajita I would only add one slice of provolone. If you’re making the larger fajita add 2 slices of provolone. I cut the cheese in half and spread them out to make sure every bite has that warm gooey taste.
Next, add the vegetables to the entire tortilla but place the chicken on only one side. Fold the tortilla so that all ingredients are in every bite.
Cook in the pan for about 3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted.
Serve with Sour cream and avocados.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ Medium size red onion sliced
- 3 Zucchini julienne cut
- 1 box of mushrooms chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ cup finely ground parmesan cheese
- For Chicken
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon Spike Seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- ⅛ cup Honey
- 8 Slices Provolone cheese
- 4 Burrito Size Flour tortillas ( or 8 Fajitas size tortillas)
- Sprinkle each side of chicken with salt then coat both sides with flour. Set chicken aside
- add chopped vegetables (except for the mushrooms) to a large saute pan with olive oil.
- Season with salt about ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Bronw vegetables, move them to one side of the pan
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cook, the mushrooms for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Let cook for about 4 more minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Add more olive oil to the pan on medium heat.
- Let the oil get warm then add the Chicken.
- Brown chicken on one side and then turn
- Add the garlic and seasoning turn one more time and add more garlic and spices
- Drizzle with honey on one side of the chicken
- Let cook for about 2 minutes
- When the chicken is done let cool slightly then chop into large slices
- Time to assemble
- First, the flour tortillas
- Then add 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Next, place the vegetables over the whole tortilla
- Place chicken on only one side and fold in half so that all ingredients are in every bite
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted.